Lake Shasta Weekend

Monday, September 24, 2012


It seems that all my friends are slowly crossing over into their thirties. The latest brave soul to cross over, my friend John, rented a house boat on Lake Shasta to celebrate and invited a bunch of us to come stay the weekend. My pal, Val, and I made a game time decision to join. We rented a car, headed up friday evening, and stayed through Sunday afternoon.

Best. Decision. Ever. I'd never been to Lake Shasta before and was not disappointed - it was gorgeous. House boating was also a first for me and I'm officially smitten, it was the perfect combo of outdoorsy activities and the usual party antics. There were dance parties (in costume, of course), big family style dinners, wake boarding (I'm awful), lake floating (that was far better), water sliding, and late night hot tubbing. 

It was so nice to get away, take a moment, and catch my breath. For me, the best part was spending some real quality time with friends I don't get to see as often as I'd like. I am so thankful for the very special people in my life, it was amazing to spend time reconnecting and catching up.

Happy birthday John - thanks for an amazing time!

How were all of your weekends? I'd love to hear ... 


Photos and gif by yours truly. 

2 comments:

  1. The lake looks lovely!! I spent my weekend at Oktoberfest! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leigh, it was great - I bet it was madness (in a good way) for Oktoberfest!

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger